UOB Personal Banking Associate Programme
The programme aims to groom specialist talents to take on exciting frontline roles in delivering high quality customised financial services and products to our customers. Our goal is to nurture total wealth managers who will be ready for future roles in Relationship Management and Privilege Banking.
This is a structured programme that provides training in the following areas:
- Insurance and Investment products training
- Sales training
- On-The-Job training
- CMFAS certification
At A Glance
Personal Financial Services is a progressive and forward looking business that seeks to anticipate customers’ investment, financial and lifestyle needs. By identifying different lifestyle and customer segments, we are able to provide total financial planning advice to our customers and develop innovative wealth management products and services to suit their needs.
We fulfill the current and emerging financial needs of individuals through high quality customised products and services, underpinned by deep customer insight and seamless, multi-channel service delivery.
Key Products and Services
- Unit Trust
- Structured Deposits
- Housing Loans (For Mobile Bankers)
How Far Do You Really Want To Go?
- Top Personal Bankers will be suitably rewarded.
We also offer an attractive commission and remuneration structure.
- Top Personal Bankers will be suitably rewarded.
What It Takes
- A recognized degree
- Passionate in sales and driven to deliver results
- Enjoys building relationships
- Adaptable to changes
- Able to cope with pressure and setbacks
- Energetic and possess a positive working attitude
- An effective communicator
- Flexible with their working hours
- I've been with UOB for over a year now, and I'm really happy to have recently won the Platinum Award for my achievements in sales of UOB investments and savings products. It's really great to know that UOB rewards its staff for their efforts and hard work.
Although I studied business at the university, going through the PBA programme has given me the solid foundation to become a Personal Banker. We are provided the necessary lessons and support, so that we can be effective professionals who provide sound investment and banking advice to our customers.
I love meeting and interacting with different people. I find my job interesting and rewarding as I get to advise customers from different backgrounds on making good investment decisions and growing their wealth. It brings me great satisfaction when their investments pay off.
I'm looking forward to being promoted to Senior Personal Banker soon, and hope to progress on to serve Privilege and Private Banking customers as I'm a sales-oriented person by nature.
- I was previously working as a human resources recruiter. Since I enjoy working with people, I decided to join UOB as a Personal Banker and went through the PBA programme. I've been with UOB since August 2007, and am really enjoying my job as it's fast-paced and exciting.
We work hard; when there are road shows, we work six days a week, but it feels good when we bring in business. Besides, we receive monetary rewards for our efforts.
As a Personal Banker, it is my responsibility to help my clients make the best financial decisions. For example, in the current economic conditions, we may advise clients to take up guaranteed low-risk, endowment-related plans, which are structured conservatively so that they are protected from adverse changes in the economy. It brings me great satisfaction when my clients trust my recommendations.
I hope to learn more about wealth management and eventually move into a managerial role at UOB.
Senior Personal Banker
- My mum works in the banking industry, and she inspired me to join a bank. I actually studied computer engineering in university, and when I was deciding which bank to join after graduation, I chose UOB as I felt that their PBA programme would give me the necessary foundation to become a successful Personal Banker.
I've been at UOB for one and a half years now, and I can definitely say that UOB is a great place to work in as I receive strong support and guidance from my supervisors. I am glad I joined UOB.
As a Senior Personal Banker, I firmly believe that we are more than just bankers. It's important to build strong relationships with our clients as we help them to achieve their financial goals and wealth aspirations.
I definitely look forward to greater success at UOB and hope that I'll be given the opportunities to advance my career.
- As a Relationship Manager in UOB Privilege Banking, I handle our customers' portfolios. This involves total wealth management of their assets. I first joined UOB as a trainee Personal Banker under the PBA programme straight after graduation and I've been here for the last three years.
At university, I majored in economics and management. My academic training has been useful for me in my career as a banker at UOB. I believe that there are definitely good prospects for those who are keen to join the banking industry, and UOB is a good bank to join as it is established and offers excellent financial products and services. It also provides the best training and development for staff.
Ultimately, to succeed in the banking industry, you need to have perseverance, self-discipline, and passion, and also keep abreast of the latest news and developments in the financial markets.
To apply for the UOB Personal Banking Associate Programme, please email your CV/resume to us.