About UOB Internship Programme
At UOB, we are committed to “GROW OUR OWN” young talents where our internship programme aims to identify bright and young talents for future employment in the Bank.
During your internship, you will have a mentor providing you guidance, classroom training and assigned to work on projects and/or carry out daily business operation function. At the end of the internship, you will have an educational and rewarding experience.
Exceptional individuals with the right aptitude will be offered a permanent position at the end of the internship and invited to join us upon graduation.
At a Glance
About the UOB Internship Programme
- You will focus on one business function during the internship and receive on-the-job coaching and development.
- You will have a mentor providing you guidance and giving you insight to the business.
- You will have the opportunity to network internally with senior managers within the Bank and learn from them the challenges in present day businesses and/or their expectation of young hires.
- You may be assigned to work on projects and/or carry out daily business operation function
- You get to bond with other interns on group projects.
- Corporate Induction: Get to know UOB and Banking
- Career Development Guidance
- Networking event: Meet the Senior Management
- Presentation skills
- On-the-job coaching
- Corporate Social Responsibility Project
What It Takes
- Students in their penultimate year from local or overseas universities across all disciplines.
- Possess an excellent track record in academic achievements and co-curricular activities.
- The competencies that UOB looks for in an Intern include:
- REASON AND ANALYSE situations and problems to identify key or underlying issues
- ADAPT easily and comfortably into a new environment/situation
- LEARN, retain and apply new concepts in a useful and practical manner
- CREATIVE and able to think outside the box and encourage others to try out new ideas
- Currently playing a leadership role and/or has LEADERSHIP POTENTIAL
- Captivate and convince target audience in one’s COMMUNICATION with them
- TEAM PLAYER
- MATURITY and CONFIDENCE in handling difficult situations
Period of Internship
- May to July (10 weeks)
|Online Application||Apply online by October.|
|Selection Tests & Interviews||If shortlisted, you will be invited to attend a series of selection tests and interviews in the period between December - January.|
|Offer||Offer signing in January.|
|Commencement||Internship starts in May|
[NB: The recruitment and selection process dates may be subject to change.]
Please include your:
- Personal Particulars
- Educational History, including present cumulative GPA
- Work History (if any)
- Co-curricular activities or any other information you wish to provide
In your online application, please indicate one of the following Function/Division of your choice:
- Business Banking
- Commercial Banking
- Corporate Banking
- Global Markets and Investment Management
- Human Resources
- Investment Banking
- Investor Relations
- Legal & Secretariat
- Personal Financial Services
- Portfolio and Regulatory Management
- Retail Business Finance
- Retail Credit Management
- Retail Demand Management
- Retail Marketing
- Risk Management
- Technology and Operations
You may enter your choice in the text resume section.